We are looking for Delivery Drivers.
We are looking for experienced Event Support Staff. Established in 2003, JW Catering is a premier catering company that services clients throughout the bay area and is dynamic, fast paced, and customer focused. Our clients range from daily corporate customers to high end dinners and weddings. We are looking to sustain our volume, maintain our daily operations, and continue to deliver quality food and service.
We are looking for an experienced, reliable, and detailed oriented individual who would make deliveries to our daily clients and special events. This individual must be able to lift at least 50 lbs, be on his feet constantly, and is organized to ensure his deliveries are on-time. This is a hourly position and compensation is negotiable. If you are interested in applying for this position, please read the rest of this posting, answer the questions below, and submit your resume.
Interested in this position?
We are looking for an experienced, reliable, and detailed oriented individual who would make deliveries to our daily clients and special events. Responsibilities include working with the chef and owner on the daily deliveries, making a daily checklist, ensuring all product is loaded into the vehicle, and safely planning your route for the day. At the client site, this individual must be personable, efficient, clean, and detailed oriented. The individual must unload the necessary product, setup the site for the food, and ensure the client is satisfied with the setup. In addition, this individual must be detailed oriented and ensure that all details are taken care. Details include making sure there is enough plates, utensils, and that the food display is clean and well organized. Also, some deliveries including stocking commodity items such as sodas, waters, and snacks. The individual must be able to ensure that the order sheet and the delivery sheet match and the product stock is accurate. If there are any discrepencies, this individual should account for it and make sure he can accommodate a run back to the kitchen to replace missing items. This individual will also participate in special events as support staff. Lastly, communication is key. This individual must be able to effectively communicate with the client and the kitchen staff, particularly with the chef.
The Delivery Driver Positions are PART-TIME hourly positions. We are looking for multiple individuals for these positions. Compensation is negotiable based on experience.
This position requires a valid drivers license, requires individual to carry at least 50 lbs, and will require a lot of lifting, walking, and standing. This person must have a strong work ethic and is accountable, can work varied hours, and can manage the challenges of a fast paced kitchen environment.
Finally, this person must be reliable, efficient, and well organized! This individual must HAVE the following minimum qualifications:
• Experience – At least 1 year as a delivery driver and have worked in a restaurant or catering environment. Must have a valid drivers license. Must have a valid ServSafe certification (www.servsafe.com).
• Reliable / Efficient – This person must be extremely reliable by showing up on time and making sure his delivers are made on time and done safely. This individual must also be efficient by making sure his deliveries are accurate and anticipate for missing items by making sure they are always in stock.
• Communication Skills – This person must have excellent verbal and written skills. This person must be able to effectively communicate with the client, kitchen staff, chef, and owner. This person must having strong working knowledge using computers and iPads and using software such as Microsoft Office, catering software, and email. This person must have a pleasant demeanor, a postive attitude, and a can do work ethic.
• Detailed Oriented – This person must be detailed oriented and well organized. This person is responsible for multiple deliveries with multiple clients and this person must ensure that the deliveries are accurate. This person must be verse in handling multiple tasks at the same time and keeping them organized. This person must make sure that his items are labeled properly, make the necessary checklist, and accurately checks what is loaded in the vehicle.
• Planning – This person must have strong planning skills. With multiple deliveries with multiple clients, this person needs to plan his route effectively to ensure the deliveries are on time. This individual must know how to use a computer to get maps and directions, and must be flexible in changing his route to accommodate delivery changes.